The Lenig Family

The Lenig Family
Fall 2011

Baby J

Baby J
12 weeks

Friday, February 24, 2012

Moving moutains or is it molehills

So as we prepare for baby # 3 we are also moving...temporarily in with my gracious in-laws, as we search for a bigger home to fit our soon to be bigger family.  We have happily made it to our 2nd trimester and our packing is under way.  Slowly but surely room by room there is less.  My big money saver for the week was a purchase I made on Monday.. 2 pounds of chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, and 2 fantastic dinners.

Dinner night one-----Chicken Stir Fry white white rice
I cooked the whole 2 pounds of chicken.  I browned them and then stplit them into 2 dinners.I picked up a large bag of stir fry veggies, with a teriakyi sauce and made white rice( I made 2 times...so I could used the rest for Dinner 2)

Dinner 2 I found on Pinterst...a great friend Carrie also a "Pin Head" as I refer to our addiction to this site!
The original recipe came from here.
 Mine made 8 wraps

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup cooked rice, (left over from Dinner1)
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4  yellow onion sauteed
2-4 mini red and yellow peppers
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a mexi blend)
Sour cream (optional)
flour tortillas used the ones that we use for tacos
DIRECTIONS:
Softened the onion the peppers over low heat. Mix rice together with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Add remaining ingredients except for cheese and sour cream. Mix cheese and sour cream together, the add the mixtures to the tortillas. Roll stuffed tortillas, leaving edges open. Spray the tortillas all over with cooking spray.

I placed mine  a cookie sheet and but them in the oven at 425 until brown, it took 15 - 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment