The Lenig Family

The Lenig Family
Fall 2011

Baby J

Baby J
12 weeks

Sunday, January 1, 2012

So yes it is truley exciting glad to share my news!

So yes it is truly exciting, so glad to share my news!
While we are thrilled that God is blessing us with another one of his wonderful creations...we are also at a point where we realize it is time to buckle down and start spending more wisely...with laundry and groceries and sports, dance, toys and clothes for 3 children things will have to be different.  So I am new at this whole homemade thing...I am a store bought girl.  When I say that I do not mean the way we eat...because we do cook.   It is a rare occasion when we have fast food, pizza, hamburger helper...or other convenience food.  So join me as we learn how to save a couple more pennies!
Our 1rst exploration was making dish detergent which turned out great I used a recipe from another blog so I will most undoubtedly credit her Click here to check it out
 Dishwasher Detergent ingredients:
1 box Borax (4lbs 12 oz or 76 oz ) (2.15 kg) found in the detergent isle
1 box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (55 oz or 3 lbs 7 oz) found in the detergent isle
24 packages of unsweetened lemonade drink mix, like kool-aid. (**Note: lemonade will stain soap dispenser yellow, another option would be to use citric acid instead of lemonade. You can usually find citric acid in the canning isle )
3 cups Epsom Salt
Lemi Shine rinse aid

You use 1 tablespoon of the mix in the soap dispenser and if you have a 2nd dispenser like us that is where you use 1 tablespoon of the LemiShine.

We followed the recipe to a tee using the LemiShine in each load and we also used lemon Kool-aid( which did not stain my dishwasher soap dispenser as it warns that it may. My only complaint is that some of my older colored plastics appear to have a film on them. I will say my dishes turned out really clean and I have enough to last me quite a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment